Thursday, December 17, 2009

An email from my mom...

I decided to show my mom this blog today.. so I sent her the link via email. This is the email I got from her in response to her seeing my blog:

Hi Shana,

I have to tell you that when I opened your blog and read it, I cried. I had been having a bad week – I caught Tony’s cold although for me it wasn’t a cold. I had nothing to fight anything it off so I ended up with laryngitis and pink eye in both eyes. I hope that I will be able to receive chemo tomorrow.

Anyways, I have had to cancel out of every Christmas party and was starting to feel depressed. My dream job opened up today, and when I read the requirements, I started telling myself I couldn’t do that. Then I opened your email. Your email gave me hope. It’s exactly what I needed at this time. Knowing that you care is one of the greatest gifts a mother can get. I know that I wasn’t what you wanted as a mother when you were younger, but I always hoped that I would become the mother that you would know that you could count on through thick and thin and also be proud of some day. I love you, my daughter, with all my heart.

Fighting breast cancer is all about hope. Today you have given me the hope that I have fought off this disease and there isn’t anything that I can’t do – including being able to get and be successful at my dream job. Thank you for being my angel of hope today.

Love, Mom
xoxoxoxo




Reading this email made me cry. I don't know, sometimes I feel like I'm living in a dream.. as though life is just passing by, and I cannot change what is happening to it -- fate? Destiny.. maybe, but I do know this: I made my mom's day. Just when I think I'm having a bad day, I realize that other people (including my own mother) are way worse off than I am. It makes me happy (in depths of my heart) to know that I gave her a "pick me up" and made her week.

Below is the email I sent in response to hers:

Hi Mom,

I'm glad that you liked my blog. I'm sorry that you caught Tony's cold and was sick.. hopefully you can have chemo tomorrow. As for your dream job -- go for it.. I know that you are more than qualified to hold that position, and you need to always reach for your dreams (or like in Kris Allen's song, "live like your dying and know that it's not too late). :)

I love you mom, and I know that things were not always perfect, but there's always here and now (and the future) to make up for things that happened in the past. Although we cannot change things that have happened, we can learn from them and move on. Dwelling on them gets us no where, and what kind of life would we lead if we went no where?

I am glad I made your day. I love you and know that I am thinking about you.

xoxoo
Shana


..Glad to have made her day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment