Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Save the TaTa's Breast Walk!

So this is me and my mom at "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" at the state house in Providence, RI. Pretty neat news: my mom was the top contributer for fundraising money, and won a trip to Arizona for a Breast Cancer Convention.


Anyways, this is the "glitz and glam" side of this disease.. it might look normal on the outside, but if you knew what she went through on a weekly basis, you would know how much of a toll the treatments have taken on her body -- but never her outlook on life.


Speaking of keeping a positive attitude on life, I don't know how she does it. I see it's hard on her, she has to stay away from a lot of public places and refrain from attending church & spiritual meetings -- which let me tell you, that has been her saving grace which she has used as a healing tool previously in her life. I don't know, I guess you have to be positive -- there's no ifs, ands or buts about it, but its hard not to say "why me," "F*ck this," or even "I'm giving up," which, of course, you can NOT even think about or say.


I do know this: ever since her diagnosis, she has always looked on the "bright side of things" and has kept her head up even when her day gets dark & stormy.

1 comment:

  1. Your Mom sounds like an amazing woman. Her positivity shines through in the pictures you have posed – what a smile!

    ReplyDelete